One of the things I have fun doing is sending and receiving postcards from around the world. Postcrossing.com makes the mailbox a very fun place to visit. You never know when a surprise from far away will show up providing the smallest of glimpses into someone's world.
One of the other things I look out for are the goings on in the bird world. It was my fun postcard activity that had me at Long's Drugstore this afternoon mailing a couple of cards - one to Norway and one to Estonia.
When I left, I saw this little hummingbird being knocked around by a mighty strong wind. He was a bit loopy and stunned as he sat on the plant stand getting his bearing and what a photo op for me. I mean, REALLY, how many of you recall ever being able to walk up to a hummingbird just sitting there without it getting spooked and flitting away?
4 comments:
Congrats!
Super photos.
;-)
the still hummingbird is certainly an amazing site...my daddy took a photo of one & it is among my most precious pictures
what a cool url - I am thinking of taking part (though poor little bird!)
ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress
What a fantastic moment! I'm sorry the hummingbird was having such a rough time, but I'm glad he was okay in the end. I'm also glad it meant that you were able to share such a wonderful photo with the rest of us. How cool!
Post a Comment