Events in life conspired to throw us a BAD one late yesterday. I won't get into the details here but suffice it to say, Don, Krista and I have a lot of emotional stuff facing us right now. It is sort of like standing next to a car that is wired to explode and you can't move in any direction fast enough to get out of harm's way. Kris and Don are hurting and I'm spread out like an umbrella trying to protect them from the fallout. I'll worry about me later. Sorry to be so cryptic. We are all good together. It's something outside of us that is creating the havoc.
At times like this, I have found that the best thing to do is distract from the problem at hand, give oneself distance, so to speak. The recipe for distraction changes with each event and yesterday was no different.
At times like this, I have found that the best thing to do is distract from the problem at hand, give oneself distance, so to speak. The recipe for distraction changes with each event and yesterday was no different.
Recipe for Distraction.
Take one livid husband and feed him.
Finish a good meal at a favorite restaurant with a Strawberry Sunday.
Suggest a trip to our favorite date place, Borders
Mix in one excellent at spying wife.
Linger on his beautiful hands for personal soothing.
Reminisce about B. B. King
Stir gently until a wee smiles appears
14 comments:
Ah, those are the scary times when you're not quite sure which way things are going to play out. Did you know the Chinese character for crisis consists of two characters-one for danger and the other for opportunity? You wisely chose the second. Good job.
Thank you B. We will know more tonight. Feeling very queasy. We'll be talking about this, for sure.
Oh Miss Annie ....do take care through this crisis. Remember that through life's distractions we find strength and are shown that we are stronger than we think. I love your approach ....ice cream sundae and Borders ...what could be more perfect? Take care Miss Annie.
A day like that can lighten any load. I'll keep you guys in my prayer's.
P.S. The babies are too cute!
Annie,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. May your love for your family continue to keep you strong. God bless.
I am not sure what is going on but glad to see that you are taking care of yourself... I enjoyed the photo series; seeing just bits and pieces until the very end. Nice.
mmmmmMMMM! Yes, an ice cream sundae will cool things off and my husband loves B.B!!! YOU, Kris and your hubby are in my prayers sweet Annie!!! ps. actually, I was thinking of YOU today because I still haven't gotten those stars started! Soon!
HAHA, love the "wee smile"! Hope all sttles quickly for you...
Hi Annie- it's so lovely to find your new blog. I stopped blogging for quite a while myself but after a refreshing pause, am back again.
I do hope all will be well... and I will hold you and all your loved ones in The Light- for now, I am happy to have reconnected with you.
Regina (Clare Jane)
Annie, lifes little hugs and huge feelings of good will are being sent your way from this humble little cottage I call home.
There is Always many ways of looking at something that brings dread or feelings you do not wish to feel, so dear friend I wrap my arms around you please know I am here.
Lee-ann
You will be in my thoughts today dear Annie, I sure hope everything turns out ok. My life is so crazy right now too so I sure can relate to how your feeling.
xoxooxoxoxoxoxo
Sorry to hear that things are silly right now.
Glad you have found a safety valve.
That must be the biggest ice cream I have ever seen. Just looking at it would be a distraction.
Prayers are going y our way.
You are both adorable!
I'll continue to keep you in prayer.
Post a Comment