Saturday, July 12, 2008

Two of Life's Little Miracles



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They have GROWN and are stunning, just as beautiful as their Mumma!! They look like our Crested Pigeons without the crests. Do you call them Turtle Doves?

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Anonybird - these little guys are called Mourning Doves. They are very common and are literally all over the country.

The one on the on the right is a few days, maybe a week, younger than her sibling. The eggs weren't layed at the same time.

I feel so lucky to have a pair that return year after year to this basket. In fact, it has been so long that the basket might now be a generational home.

Kahshe Cottager said...

Aren't they just the perfect pair! They could almost be garden ornaments couldn't they!

Naturegirl said...

Beautiful and sweet!they are a symbol of :Peace love and blessing.
hugs aNNa

AscenderRisesAbove said...

amazing photos. i did a post today on birds caged. do your birds coo in the morning?

Bimbimbie said...

Awww you are lucky having them nest in a safe visible spot for you and us to see ... the first mummy bird selected her birth suite very well*!*

Beth said...

They are just precious! Mine flew away last week and I was so glad I kept my Kitty inside the day they left the nest. We have alot of Mourning Doves here too,,I love them.
xoxooxoxooxoxoxoox

Anonymous said...

How beautiful that Mourning Doves return to your home year after year.Delightful photos.