Monday, July 6, 2009

Ruby Tuesday

The red roses at the Portland Rose Garden are unbeatable. In fact, all the roses there are sublime. Honestly, that seems to be my new favorite adjective but I can't help it. I better hit the thesaurus before I get sick of myself using that word.

Be sure to visit http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ for other wonderful examples of painting our world red.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie, you KNOW how much I love red roses- because of the reverse seasons down here, most are just twiggy sticks post-pruning. Wonderful photos!

Anonymous said...

Can't go wrong with red roses - you got my heart! They are all so perfect - do they keep the bugs away - they take good care of them at that place!

Ralph said...

Roses are nice, but these cultivated roses are stunning. It is nice to see the artistry, the craftsmanship without equal!

Annie Jeffries said...

The ONLY bugs I saw there Elie were bees. The roses were in the pink! of health. You would have loved it Ralph. Acres and acres of nothing but roses. The fragrance was beyond wonderful.

Carletta said...

Your sublime roses are indeed stunning!
A very nice collage.

EG CameraGirl said...

Sublime is such a great adjective. ;-) And these roses ARE sublime. LOL

Unknown said...

WOW!!! what beautiful red roses. Thanks for sharing, Geri

Dora said...

Nice roses, esp the one in the last pic. :D

Ang Paus (Sweet Red Buns)

Happy RT!

Miranda said...

Beautiful roses!!

Monica said...

The roses all look so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

just perfect...

lovely pics

endomental said...

Looks at all those beautiful roses! What a treat!

Marites said...

oh so beautiful red roses! they sure are vivid. My RT is up too.

ItaJeff said...

Absolutely wonderful red roses mosaics..love it
Happy Tuesday

Lots of luv,
Ita

felisol said...

Dear Annie,
Your red roses are indeed sublime. So are the yellow ones from your other rose post.
Best of all I love the old fashioned roses with a distinct fragrance.
The Old Vicar's Farm roses are my friends.
No RT from me this week either.

Hope you still are having a wonderful summer.
From Felisol

Susan Cook said...

Beautiful roses. I'd love to go to a garden to see all those red roses.

Kris said...

Oooo.... Beautiful!

storyteller said...

Marvelous mosaic of BEAUTIFUL red roses ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Kranky Granny said...

For some reason my office is suddenly smelling of roses.

Great post. Happy RT.

Thanks for the visit and the nice words.

srp said...

I love the rose gardens... any color... any shape... just lovely!

Laura Paine Carr said...

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
gorgeous!
I can almost smell them!
and I LOVE Portland!

Jeanie said...

I have to learn how to make those collages -- that one is really striking!

Martha said...

Beautiful roses

My Ruby Tuesday

Patti said...

What gorgeous red roses for a Ruby Tuesday post! Nice collage. I've never done one of those..