Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Create Tuesday 02 - I WAS HERE


Mont St Michel, originally uploaded by Benjamin Féron.

I WAS HERE.

It was a dream come true. When I was a young girl, I saw a photograph of Mont St. Michel in a magazine ad. In one enchanted moment, I just knew that someday I would see this place.

Somewhere along the way, the dream was tucked away. The idea of travel anywhere slept for a decade or more. Then in the summer of 1996, I had a chance to act as a chaperone with our local youth symphony when they toured to France and England.

The itinerary included London, England, Lavalle, France, and of course, Paris. Along the way we saw the Cathedral at Chartes, the Benedictine Abbey in Solemnes, the old city of St. Malo, and . . . . . . Mont St. Michel.

It was a dream come true and I WAS HERE.


Photo credit by Benjamin Feron on Flickr
For more Create Tuesday click here.

20 comments:

Janet said...

That's a wonderful story. Dreams really do come true!

lissa said...

I always love it when I hear someone's dream come true, it's so rare these day

I do like the photograph that you have chosen but perhaps next time, you can share a photograph or a creation of your own for the next Create Tuesday?

I'm still trying to figure out if I should add some restrictions to Create Tuesday but I do like your interpretation

Thanks for participating!

Annie Jeffries said...

Which is exactly the push I needed to start scanning my England/France photos into the computer. They've gone from an acid-filled photo album to an acid-free one. Now I really need to scan them. Part II of my dream come true will appear shortly.

Michael said...

I could SO go there! Lovely.

Thanks for visiting. Nice to meet you.

CountryDreaming said...

Congratulations on achieving such a beautiful dream, and thank you for sharing your inspirational memories. Not everyone who acts as chaperone would appreciate their once-in-a-lifetime surroundings, and for you it was extra special. You were truly the right one to take this journey.

Marilyn Miller said...

Isn't it wonderful when dreams do come true. Follow your dreams. Beautiful picture.

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Marilyn,

Now that I've taken someone else's picture, I'm suddenly hyped to scan MY pics from 13 years ago. I would say that it is about time. Once I do that, I'll post a few. Mont St. Michel is magnificant. I could LIVE there feel like I was truly in heaven.

tball said...

That simply looks like a beautiful place to live - peaceful and quiet! I am ashamed to say that I have never heard of this place :( To travel to Europe is a lifelong dream of mine! I was looking into going for maybe a week to London and Paris but that didn't fall through. Greece looks like my next destination!

Anonymous said...

That photo looks like an absolute dream! Wow... If I saw that one when I was younger, I'd be dreaming about travelling there too. So glad the dream came true for you!
~April

Pear tree cottage! said...

Your beacon of faith! Annie,


“The light of a beacon to guide you”


Wonderful!

Lee-ann

Anonymous said...

Enjoy scanning your photos Annie, I can imagine how it will bring back many happy memories. I am so glad your travel dream came true. May there be many more!

Mary Timme said...

And the brooding sky is just wonderful to set off the whole gothic theme, don't you think! What fub,

qualcosa di bello said...

beautiful!!!

Tumblewords: said...

A beautiful shot - I love to see dreams come true!

Anonymous said...

you lucky lady...

you desrve it...

hugs..

shraddha

turquoise cro said...

Whoa! That is Beauty Full!!! Do YOU have lots of pics from inside?!!!

Annie Jeffries said...

Yes, Cinda. When I get them scanned, I'll share them.

Jeanie said...

Oh, Annie, this is one of the places we talked about trying to work into our France trip and it just didn't play out. How lucky you were to have this dream come true. Beautiful photo, too.

Christine said...

this castle looks surreal in its beauty, thanks for sharing.

Rowe said...

Hi Annie, the castle looks like it has been carved out of a rock. The lush grey clouds make an incredible backdrop and add extra drama. How wonderful to be able to say I have been to this amazing place.