Friday, April 23, 2010

The pleasures of an ordinary day

We are enjoying clear weather after much foul this past week. There is more ahead of us. With all this rain, we will have lots of May flowers.

The DH and I met up at HOJ with Marie to have a final discussion of the North Valley Patriots meet and greet we are involved in tomorrow evening. There are 23 candidates coming to speak and/or mingle and meet with voters. Don has gotten very political since retiring and after a very upsetting two years for him, he has found his peace with our local Tea Party organization.

Mind you, we are NOT part of the Tea Party Express which is firmly aligned with the GOP. We are non-partisan and independent; also financially self-sustaining. We take contribution from no organizations, who, more likely than not, will expect that we "owe them". I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening. I'm coordinating the registration table and others will be taking care of merchandising, managing paperwork, voter registration, and a lot more.

After the HOJ meet-up, we had lunch at my adored Hamilton's Cafe and then went for a visit with a long-time friend whom I had not seen in forever. The drive to Kate's is all backroads and I saw a lot of photo ops I will go back and visit another day. The biggest MISS of the day though was a coyote crossing the road right in front of us. Then it stopped right on the edge of the road and watched us drive by. Such a beautiful animal. All in all, we had a pleasant several hours together.

The rest of the day was devoted to reading, making a cake (would you believe it's almost gone already???) I think the cake elves were hungry. I caught up on recorded shows from the week prior and spent a lot of time on my big secret project. The pic to the right is a quickie I took with my cell phone last night so the color and focus is not so great. It's a big project so you will be getting other glimpses of it over the next few months.








5 comments:

Marion said...

Your Secret project looks interesting...is it a Sweater? Hee, I've always gotta know about a Secret.

How nice that you saw a Coyote. I love them, we have loads up here, and on some nights, they entertain us with their moonlight serenades!

linda may said...

Love the title you chose for this post. Hope your weather stays nice. How hot does it get there in the summer time?

Miss Robyn said...

we have cake elves too.. they live on my hips, thighs and tummy

Jeanie said...

You HAVE been busy! I love the term "cake elves." I think I have some of their distant cousins living at my house!

CountryDreaming said...

I went to the local Tea Party rally this past April 15th. Haven't quite figured out whether I'll officially join. I'm reading your blog posts on the subject with interest. Maybe what the Tea Party is kind of varies depending on where you live? I should really look up more information on my local group. I think there may be more than one. One website I found listed the rally I attended, another website suggested that strategic campaigning and voting was more effective than gathering at rallies.