Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Storms

Yesterday a storm passed over us and Krista caught the downpour on her cell phone and sent it to me. I was inside at work when this happened so didn't see or hear the power of the storm that passed over us.

Lately, I feel as though I've been in the middle of a similar sort of emotional storm as the attacks on Pope Benedict 16th via the media have grown so out of control as to have the rationality of thought comparable to a lynch mob.

I've decided to read no more of this craziness and convey no more of it to friends. The pain has become too much and instead I will focus on prayer.

PRAYER FOR POPE BENEDICT XVI

Lord, source of eternal life and truth,
give to your shepherd, Benedict, a spirit
of courage and right judgment, a spirit
of knowledge and love. By governing
with fidelity those entrusted to his care,
may he, as successor to the Apostle
Peter and Vicar of Christ, build your
Church into a sacrament of unity, love
and peace for all the world. Amen.

V/ Let us pray for Benedict, the pope.

R/ May the Lord preserve him, give him a long life, make him blessed upon the earth, and not hand him over to the power of his enemies.

V/ May your hand be upon your holy servant.

R/ And upon your son, whom you have anointed.

Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory Be…

From KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
In Solidarity With Our Holy Father

9 comments:

kayerj said...

I agree, focus on the good things and pray. I don't watch the news much anymore.

Marion said...

I'm staying away from the daily news myself, these days. I feel a little out of the loop, but I find anxiety is much better. I agree with Kaye...focus on good things and use prayer for the rest.

Amanda said...

We said this prayer at mass last Sunday. I agree the reports are heart wrenching to read. I avoid them completely.

Laura Paine Carr said...

Peace, Dear Annie. Right here. In connection, and communication with God. Blessings.

Lulu said...

Have a blessed day my friend..

Jeanie said...

It is hard, isn't it, when something that matters so is relentlessly pummelled. I suspect your approach is just right. Prayer, focus on positive and the things you can actively change. I sometimes need a news moratorium (something I first learned about when doing the Simple Abundance book.) I feel grossly uninformed and not surprisingly, far less agitated and more relaxed when I do that now and then!

studio lolo said...

Prayer will get you through the storm, Annie. ♥

sandy said...

That is some storm, wow! We had a downpour too, mostly during the early morning hours after midnight.

sandy said...

I also wanted to say, I hope you find peace. I know it's crazy right now and some crazy stuff is going on, but maybe it's just all a part of balancing. The ones that are angry, versus the ones who covered up...and all polarities eventually have to meet in the middle to be healed. You can't have a healing of something kept in the dark, so in a way all of this is a good thing that it is coming out.

For me, if I can find a middle path, it feels so much more peaceful.

I can tell you are so devout and peace loving, no wonder it's hard for you right now. Much peace to you.