Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Moving Lesson




One of the lessons you learn when going through the process of moving is just how little you need in order to live comfortably. For a collector like me this can be a jarring lesson.  I find myself very comfortable living in our scaled down home. Collections are packed. Books are few, well, relatively few, that is. And, adding to my collections has come to an almost screeching halt. Notice. I did say almost.

Some things you just can't say no to and so it was that I found these charming cups that are future homes for succulents.  These thrift store finds cost less than $2. However . . .


On the other end of the cost spectrum are the milagros cross and milagros/Divine Mercy frame I found at Digs, my favorite treasure store in my soon to be former home of Turlock. Like I said, here are some things I just can't say no to.

I love Mexican motifs and growing up in Southern California, it's pretty hard to miss this imprint. Our near future home will be filled with splashes of Mexican art, Oaxacan birds, milagros, mid-century planters, and other folk art. All will have pride of place in our Missouri home.



4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are wonderful! And I, for one, cannot live for more than two weeks without thrifting. Your Waltzing Matilda blog is wonderful!!! Do you follow her?

Diane AZ said...

What beautiful pieces you have found and I imagine it will be quite an adventure hunting for treasures in Missouri. :)

Anonymous said...

I recently learned collecting is a strength. It was so liberating to have impulse affirmed. Your interior decorating in MIssouri will be a wonderful style contrast to the boothill culture.

Jeanie said...

I think it will be wonderful to include some of the California feel in your new home. A little less homesick, perhaps and it's always so pretty so it's more than a reminder -- it's a decorating scheme!

Annie, thanks for your lovely and very thoughtful comments on the Gypsy. Banner and house and almost-accident and all... means a lot.