Friday, November 13, 2009

Old Gasoline Pump


Old Gasoline Pump, originally uploaded by AnnieElf.

Time stands still for no one.
Tears trail.
Lungs swell.
Age engulfs.

25 comments:

kayerj said...

that is a really cool picture.

Fida said...

That would make a beautiful piece of art that would perfectly fit in my orange condo ;-)

You really have a way with words!!

Felisol said...

Wow, I'm sixty and have never seen a gasoline pump similar to this forsaken one.
Did you meet the pump skeleton in your beloved Locke?
From Felisol

Anonymous said...

O.K dear Annie... that poem is mysterious. Will it remain so? It says a lot in its brevity,but am I missing something?Do I read between the lines or not.Hoping the trail of tears is not you. The gasoline pump photo is great.xxx

Diane AZ said...

Fascinating gas pump! I thought it was a whimsical giraffe sculpture.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'm with Diane, it looks a bit like a giraffe! Totally fascinating and i've never seen a gasoline pump like it!

PJ said...

Smart poem and an intriguing location. Is this on the sidewalk?

gma said...

When I was a girl there was an old gas pump like that out in the desert. It was old then. So it's really old now! LOL!

Gunsside - Norway said...

i have never seen a pump like this
a very cool picture !!

Sea Angels said...

This is amazing!!!and your words so engulf the feeling of time passing...us all, and not even tears to pull it back.
Love and hugs
Lynn xxx

Anonymous said...

How true: time stands still for no one...except in photos!

Cool photo.

Marilyn Miller said...

I have never seen a gas pump like that either. My first thought was the giraffe scuptures, funny. Great photo.

bobbie said...

Very cool. It's such a fun piece!

eileeninmd said...

Cool photo and poem!

Chubskulit Rose said...

love its color!

My Mellow Yellow Monday

Kim, USA said...

That is the most awesome picture I have even seen this week, that really is old hehe never seen anything like that anymore. Thanks for sharing.

Mine is here My Life’s Journey in Focus

EJ said...

the rustic color give it a unique look!

Here's my MYM entry.

Gypsy Purple said...

Food for thought....

Andi said...

Just stopping to say "hi."

life's journey said...

Yep it is cool...Happy MYM!

Mark said...

old gasoline pump
no longer useful—rusty
reminder of past

Mercer's Daughter said...

Annie,
I'm back from Marietta and am relieved to say all is well. Thanks again for your prayers!!!!!!! This pic is perfect for me, I just turned 54, lolo!!!
I've learned so much these past few days, mostly? I learned to trust and hang in there.
Peace to you!

Marice said...

awww great poem for one great photo!

u may view mine if u have time

Stephanie V said...

That is a very neat sculpture. The thought is very appropriate. Fun and serious.

sandy said...

Great pics, so colorful.