Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Magpie Tales #38


GATHERING

Gathering.
Young and old
to honor one
too young.

Young widow
surrounded.
Parents
surrounded.
Yet still three very alone people.

Shock still lives here, but -
Each ebbing of the sun
moving shock's cold reach
farther off.

Pain and anger.
Acceptance and reconciliation.
Each arrives in its turn
doing its work as
new life begins again.

Click HERE for more Magpie Tales

27 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

So true..."three very alone people"...so heartfelt.

Anonymous said...

Nice Mag... Love and Light, Sender

Amanda Moore said...

you have gone through the metamorphosis of death so delicately this is truly lovely.

studio lolo said...

Loss too soon, grieving process,circle of life.
beautifully written Annie♥

Maureen Newman said...

"Each ebbing of the sun" - so aptly put.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

sad lose,
especially for the young.
lovely put.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a very sad post, with this broken grave marker.

Diane T said...

Three very alone people in pain and anger. So well written, Annie!

kathi harris said...

Very sad.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Very beautifully written, three people alone. I can't inagine their pain.

christine said...

The prompt this week has brought such sadness about loved ones gone.
Loved yours, some beautiful lines.

Mary said...

Hard to lose a young person especially. So many emotions. You have gone through the transitions well!

izzy said...

Thank Heaven new life begins again!

Tess Kincaid said...

Very touching piece, Annie.

Sue Seibert said...

A soldier, perhaps, defending our country, our freedom, at what cost...his life!

The Blog of Bee said...

Heartfelt. Raw emotions. Very well done.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Annie, I am here from Ginny's blog.... She was raving about you---so I decided I needed to get to know Annie!!!! Ginny is a fabulous friend ---so any friend of hers is a friend of mine.

You are very creative --and I am enjoying reading your blog.. Hope you will check out mine sometime.

Thanks for letting me jump in!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

such a vicious, beautiful cycle.

lovely magpie.

JC said...

Nicely done ...

Tumblewords: said...

A finely tuned circle!

Kristen Haskell said...

Oh such a beautiful portrayal of the cycle of loss. I can't imagine lossing a child at six days old. If I am reading that stone right.

Ash said...

Beautiful post!

Love your new profile photo Annie!

Marilyn Miller said...

Your words are very special, they tell a story. You have a real talent.

e@thejoyofbeingamonkeywrench said...

such depth of loss of someone so young. i felt it too

Martin said...

There are few more lonely places than grief.

Reflections said...

Nice Mag... your words are touching.

e@thejoyofbeingamonkeywrench said...

nice imagery. i like the picture of three people being alone together