Sunday, January 24, 2016

Ponderings

Early, early morning at La Mo Cafe waiting for Seb.  Rain threatens, yet again.  How quickly we go from begging for rain to wanting a break.  Just another illustration of our overwhelming desire for balance in our lives.

5 comments:

trailbee said...

Hal and I were supposed to introducer ourselves to our grandniece yesterday, Saturday. I called it off after I looked at the weather report for Saturday in Sacramento. I felt badly. Her mother, my niece, has been biting at the bit for us to get together, any one of her children, really, and this was the nearest we had come so far. I wondered if when we returned, it would be dusted with snow. In the end, even here, Calaveras, it rained. Looks like the drought might be ebbing. The victims from the Butte Fire this summer wish it would just end. BUT, this is the first time I feel more comfortable with the water in our well. Been really uncomfortable not being able to see how much water is flowing through the underground streams which fork right under our well.
So, you see, we all have our priorities. :)

Annie Jeffries said...

Good points, B. I'm grateful for all the rain but it is just as interfering, in some ways, as the lack of. I'm sorry you missed your niece, once again. And I really feel for the Butte folks. Lord, the mud must be a misery.

J C said...

How true that we all want balance, even if we dont think about it. The desire is there, within. Good point Anne.

Jeanie said...

Ain't that the truth. Here we are enjoying (if one CAN enjoy) a light winter but it seems as though everywhere else is so topsy turvy. And it does do quite the head game on us, no matter what!

Unknown said...

what a sweet spot you have in LaMoma...and yes, that balance, hard to strike at times.